Getting Started with DeployHappiness!
Welcome to DeployHappiness and thank you for reading! If you are wanting to make your IT life a little easier, you are in the right place! My passion is Group Policy, Scripting, and anything that makes my work less stressful and more productive. Every week, I share what I’ve learned with you. If you are interested in the backstory of DeployHappiness, you read about that here.
Before we jump into some awesome articles, take a second and subscribe to DeployHappiness by email or by RSS. Subscribing keeps you in the loop on new walkthroughs, free tools, and invaluable training!
Tricks Every Administrator Should Know:
My favorite tips and tricks – now in condensed soup form! These guides allow me to make the most of my day. From not having to wait on users to rapidly creating a test environment, be sure to read these articles:
- Multiple Remote Desktop Sessions = A Happy Helpdesk
- Administrative Command Prompt: 4 Must Know Tricks
- Finding the Technical Needle in the Proverbial Haystack (Part 1)
- Creating a Hyper-V Lab on Windows 8
Group Policy Troubleshooting 101:
These guides cover the most common issues with Group Policy processing, Preferences, and Software Installation. If you see an issue that I don’t cover, let me know by leaving a comment.
- Top 10 Ways to Troubleshoot Group Policy Processing
- Playing with Processing: Group Policy Guide for Link Manipulation
- CSE Processing Order – Know LSDOU? Learn this too!
- Top 5 Reasons Group Policy Software Installation Is Not Working
- Group Policy Preferences Not Applying? Here’s Your CheckList!
Cool Things to Do with Active Directory:
These articles show you how to hack and tweak Active Directory to fit your environment! Active Directory is too powerful of a tool to be left in it’s default state.
- Creating a Hardware Inventory with just AD
- Resetting User Passwords with AD Self Service Portal
- Tracking (and Searching) User Logins
- GPUpdating Computers from AD (Plus Wake on LAN)
Making the Most of the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit:
MDT is an awesome deployment suite! You can make it better though. These articles walkthrough end of life steps for old computers, BIOS management, and database configuration.