- Tech Roundup Tuesday: First (and Possibly Last) Edition!
- Tech Roundup Tuesday: Am I the Only One Excited about a Hyperloop?
Ever feel like you are falling behind in technology? I struggle with this every day! Just to keep pace, I subscribe to a ton of RSS feeds (you can see the entire list here) and read nearly every book I can afford/find. When off work, I enjoy reading a handful of nontechnical blogs. My favorite articles are those that simply introduce me to things I need to know or interesting things that are happening.
Keeping to that tune, I am going to try to post a Tech Information/News/How-To/Etc roundup every Tuesday. If you have an interesting article or how-to guide that others should know about, send me an email by using the contact (email button) in the top right corner. If you like this Tech Roundup, let me know!
Tech Stuff to Know:
- Microsoft has released a free eBook showing the benefits of Windows Server 2012 R2. It can be found here.
- If you like free training, check out these three resources. One is a collection of free eBooks and the other are virtual labs for you to play with!
- SkyDrive for Office (Internal SkyDrive)
- Installing Software on Domain Controllers: When to do it? Never!
Tech News to Know:
- Surface Pro cut by $100, Expectations High for Surface 2
- How the FBI Hacks Suspects: Activating Cameras and Microphones
- Perspective on the PC-Pocalypse: Why Dell and HP aren’t so bad off
What I am Learning Right Now:
For the last few months, our organization has been moving over to System Center Configuration Manager. It has been a huge learning curve! Besides reading everything on TechNet, I wanted a more “readable” version in order to understand all of the components.
System Center 2012 Configuration Manager: Mastering the Fundamentals seems to fit that bill! So far, I have learned quite a bit about SCCM. Because all chapters are practically written, little time is wasted reading definitions. My favorite guides so far are on Windows Updates and Application Management. As a note, the previous link is an affiliate to Amazon.
That wraps it up for Tech Roundup Tuesday! If you have anything to add, just leave a comment below!